Monday, August 31, 2009

First Day of School

Well, the boys started school last Monday and it went really well. Samuel was super excited that he finally gets to eat lunch at school. He was a little bit nervous, becuase most of his friends from kindergarten were in the other 1st grade class, but he has already been making new friends and asking if they can come over. Henry has one of his good friends in his class again this year, which always makes things easier. They both seem to like their teachers, for which I am grateful.
Today was Sadie's first day of preschool. She has been waiting and waiting. I was starting to get concerned, becuase over the summer she kept insisting that she wasn't going to go to school. Then, about 3 weeks ago I heard the kids talking about Gatorade (which I don't even have in the house). At this point, I wasn't above bribing. I told Sadie that on her first day of school we would by her a Gatorade. WELL...that did it, after that she just couldn't stop talking about school. We went and saw her school last Friday, and met her teachers, saw her cubby, the playground, bathroom, etc. Last night she wanted to pick out her clothes for today. She told me she needed pants in her pant drawer. Whatever...the girls has like 40 pairs of pants. When I told her that there were pants in her drawer she informed me that she doesn't like jean pants. Good grief! So, I went up and looked and after pulling out about 10 pairs of jean pants, we pulled out THE PAIR. Oh, man were they perfect. They were brand new, with the tags on. They had sequins and felt butterflies on them. They had a pink belt with a "diamond" butterfly belt buckle. Sadie was in awe.... Combined with a shirt and brand new pink fuzzy velvet shoes with flowers it was a perfect first day outfit.

This morning she woke up before I did, but went back in her room, becuase no one else was up. When she finally heard me waking up the boys, she came out of her room and told me that I needed to wake her up too, since she had to go to school. So she went into her room and pretended to be asleep so that I could "wake her up." She jumped into her new clothes and even had me tuck in her shirt so that people could see her "diamond" butterfly. Unfortunately, she is in afternoon preschool...so it was a very long morning for her, which was filled with taking Henry to the doctor. Finally, the moment arrived and she put on her backpack and away we went. After a brief goodbye to Henry, William and I she was gone.... She had a perfect day.

1 comment:

ansons said...

Sadie is adorable. We had a similar first day of preschool at our house. They just grow up too fast.