Monday, August 17, 2009

Blue Slide playground

With summer winding down, we went to two of the county parks last week. One of them is known as the "blue slide" playground. I found it when I was looking up directions to another playground. The pictures looked fun. It is a concrete slide that is built into the hill. We got there and realized that it isn't much fun unless you have a piece of cardboard to slide on, otherwise, you don't really go...at all. Unfortunately, I had actually cleaned out my van the day before, otherwise, I'm sure I could have come up with something for them to slide on (like the 3 pairs of underware I found in there.) So, we just watched the other kids with cardboard for a while, and then some kids went home, and left their itty-bitty cardboard behind. After a lot of scraped elbows and knees, another mom came with bigger cardboard and she shared with us, then the fun began. We were there for about 3 hours, and I was the only Mom that tried it. It was fun.

Samuel on the tiny cardboard--he still has scraped elbows and knees

Henry and Samuel getting more adventurous with the big cardboard

Henry, Samuel and William...his first slide ride

3 comments:

The Pope Family said...

Your kids are so cute! We miss you guys!

Heather said...

We had a cement slide nearby growing up and we always used waxed paper. You have to double it up and bring a whole roll but it works.

Kirs:) said...

You guys are having way to much fun up there! If you keep this up you will never want to come back to FL:))