I am a lazy mom...it's true, and I freely admit it. Yup, I make my kids walk home a whole half mile up and down a hill, by themselves. I do pick them up if I happen to be getting home from running errands or something when school gets out. I also pick them up if it is raining or below freezing. Anyway, I digress...
Yesterday I picked the boys up after school and it wasn't raining or below freezing, so they were not on the look out for me. Our school doesn't have a pick-up/drop-off line, so it's every mini-van/SUV mom for herself. There is an area that I typically park in, so they know to look there as they walk by, to see if it's their lucky day. Again, I digress...
Okay, as I passed the school, there was an open spot right out front, so I pulled in. Knowing that my kids would never look for me there, I got out and looked around. I immediately saw Samuel, but didn't get his attention, because I like to watch my kids undetected. I looked around for Henry and saw him walking out of the school with a violin in his hand and a girl beside him...hmmmm.
I watched him carry that violin for the girl down the hill through the school yard until the girl saw her mom and took the violin to give to her mom. What a gentleman. I asked him later if she had asked him to carry it and he told me no, he just offered...awww, cute.
7 years ago




3 comments:
awww. how sweet. what a neat moment you got to sneak a peek at. And I think it's a shame that we feel like 'lazy moms' because we actually give our kids responsibilities and have enough confidence in them that they can walk to/from school alone, pick out thier own clothes and get dressed themselves, or even tell them no. I'm personally a little worried about this coming generation - the parents around here do everything for their kids! and expect nothing!
What a nice boy. A complete gentleman. You must be raising them right.
so so so cute! I love this story! Good job mom, you must be doing something right!
Post a Comment