Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Free Chik-Fil-A day

I know that for a lot of you Monday was Labor Day. For the Gillis family though, it was Free Chik-fil-a day. Now let me tell you. I am a huge Chik-fil-a fan, however it was not always so. When we first moved to GA, I had never eaten at a Chik-fil-a, but really wanted to support them when I found out that they are not open on Sunday. Of course I found this out when I tried to eat there on a Sunday when we first got there and hadn't moved into the house yet. So, I went. I didn't particularly care for the chicken sandwich or the fries, but I loved the lemonade.

Chick-fil-a was actually started in GA, so there are a LOT of them there. Now, I love anything for free, so when Ben started coming home with coupons for free Chik-fil-a sandwiches, I just kept going back. Now I love it - the fries, the lemonade and the sandwich (no pickle, add mayo.) I also love the chocolate shakes. Oh, Ben would get coupons when he donated blood.
Samuel loving the Lemonade (although was really disgusted that I got the regular Lemonade, not the skinny....what???)

William can't wait until he's old enough...can't you see the anticipation???

Anyway, on Labor Day if you wore a team shirt to Chik-fil-a, you got a free sandwich. Guess where we were Monday for lunch. Unfortunately Ben didn't get to join us since he is in UT for his sister's wedding.

1 comment:

ansons said...

Oh, yeah. I forgot about you and free food -- or free anything for that matter:)