Monday, June 1, 2009

Henry's Poem


Here is a poem that Henry wrote at school. It was a fill in the blank project.

I am a 2nd grade boy who likes baseball.
I wonder who hit the farthest homer?
I hear a crack when the bat snaps.
I see players running bases.
I want NYY's (New York Yankee's) to win the world series.
I am a 2nd grade boy who likes baseball.

I pretend to be Derek Jeter.
I feel good about baseball.
I touch bases.
I worry if the NYY's will lose.
I cry with joy when they win.
I am a 2nd grade boy who likes baseball.

I understand my team can't win every game.
I say Homerun!
I dream to play with the NYY's.
I try to have good sportsmanship.
I hope to be a national baseball player.
I am a 2nd grade boy who likes baseball!

(NYY's rock)

2 comments:

Kirs:) said...

wow, does Henry like baseball? This is so cute:)
I can get him a ball signed by a Yankee. If Lance will do:)

ansons said...

Great poem, Henry. There is something magic about boys and baseball.