Sunday, June 28, 2009

$20 for $638.42 of plants

Yesterday we went to Lowe's to look for gloves for Ben. As we were walking to the store, we saw some racks of "distressed" plants. Well, we would like to put plants in some of the areas that we are pulling ivy out of, not to mention the empty planters that we have in the front yard. Most of the plants were $2-$7, so I was just going to pick a few. While we were standing there picking what we wanted, one of the store employees came over and told us that we could have a whole rack for $20. So, we spent a couple of minutes moving plants around on racks, so that I only bought perennials (why exert the effort of planting something that is going to die and never come back?). We had to take the cart into the store so that they could ring up each plant individually. The total--$638.42. Wow! This was a better deal than the time we got a whole case of 48 cadbury eggs for 25 cents.We couldn't fit all of us and the plants in the van, so we loaded up the van and then Henry and I went home to unload so we could go back and get the rest of the family. I figure even if only one or two plants live, it was still a good deal.

4 comments:

ansons said...

You are the queen of bargain hunting. I hope the plants all make it. If they were in my yard they wouldn't stand a chance.

Emily said...

You always find great deals. I know that my mom is jealous.

The Sanders Family said...

Those are the deals to live for. I'm glad it's you not me doing the planting.

Filetti Family said...

Wow that is quite a deal! I'm so jealous. You will have to show us if they actually survive.