Friday, January 23, 2009

Here's a thought...

A couple of weeks ago in Relief Society 2 women mentioned times when their husbands had dressed their young children and how appalling the results were. In the course of the lesson I made a comment and at the end of the comment I said that my husband gets the kids ready all the time and they look just fine. After thinking about it for awhile I realized I think that it's not that they look just fine...it's that I have lower standards on what just fine is. If you'll notice in the picture of Sadie eating ice cream...she is wearing a pajama top. My philosophy though, is if they will change themselves (and she had actually changed into that, that morning insisting it wasn't a pajama top) then great..it's one less thing that I have to do. Case in point:Here's the multi-layer look that the 2 younger kids seem to favor...mostly not matching.

Not sure that the t-shirt and flower pants match either

Pretty sure Sadie got these clothes out of the "too small" pile

I then remembered that the people at the Rite-Aid around the corner from the school probably refer to me as "the crazy lady who wears her pajamas to buy milk." I guess they come by it honestly.

P.S. I just took Samuel to school (he likes me to walk up and wait with him on the playground) in my slippers. I might need to re-evaluate the standards that I'm setting for my children.

1 comment:

Kirs:) said...

HAHAHA- Sarah you always make me crack up with your views on daily life:)