Thursday, January 26, 2012

Christmas Stockings

About 4 or 5 years ago we went to our Christmas boxes to get out our stockings and they were no where to be found.  Bummer, since they were all homemade and mine had been made by my Mom the year I was born.  That year, and the following year, we had the kids decorate paper lunch sacks for stockings.  Then, we moved to Pittsburgh and Ben bought some stockings on clearance for a quarter each.  We used those for a couple of years.  12 days before Christmas this year Ben asked if we had ever found the stockings.  Alas, no.  But I got on the ball and made all 6 in 10 days.  This was a true labor of love.  My fingers really hurt at the end of those 10 days.

Please ignore the half slip-covered couch in the background.  I got discouraged and need to redo the cushions.

1 comment:

annette gillis said...

Love the stockings, but am really impressed with the couch!