Saturday, February 27, 2010

Backyard sledding

3 weeks ago Henry and Samuel left their red sled outside...bad idea.  Their sled is only about 4 inches tall...do you see where I'm going with this?
Yesterday, I got out the shovel (not the snow shovel, the real shovel) and the boys and I (William was no help) spent a 1/2 hour digging around in a foot of snow (yes, there is still that much on the ground).  Actually, because the snow has melted, compacted, been dripped on from the snow melting off the roof, and the big chunks of snow falling off the roof have hit it, and the gutter falling off the roof also hit it...we had our work cut out for us.  Thankfully, I took note of where the sled was when I told the kids to go get it, or else they would be sorry.  So, what I'm getting at is, if there is a huge storm coming your way, don't leave out your sled, and if you do, dig it out before it gets buried in solid ice.  We did have fun sledding though.  We have a run in the back yard that is slicked up like a luge course.  I'm not sure how the boys always end up facing forward and I always end up facing backward???

No comments: