Saturday, December 26, 2009

Getting to New York City

Ben had a work meeting in Brooklyn, NY last Thursday and I invited myself and the kids along.  I picked the kids up from school last Friday and away we went.  It was a pretty uneventful 8 hour drive (until the last 1/2 hour.)  We got to the city at about 11:15.  I made it through the Holland Tunnel

I made it through lower Manhattan just fine (it was midnight...not too much traffic).  Then I made it to Brooklyn...I even saw the hotel...I just couldn't get there.

But, we did see these nice lights as we were driving around.  The GPS wanted me to go on roads that were one way the wrong way.  At one point I sat behind a truck for awhile before I realized it wasn't stopped at a stop sign, it was stopped making a delivery.  With no way around it, I had to back down the street, and down another street (does it count as going the wrong way if the car is facing the right way, but moving backwards).  Then, I went down a delivery only street and made it to the hotel...40 minutes after I called Ben to tell him I was less than a mile from the hotel.  Ah...good times.

No comments: