Friday, August 26, 2011

Subway Sign

I love NYC!  I have been looking at these signs:
This pair (which is vintage) is $600!!  Even replica's are at least $200!  NO WAY!

So, after checking out some blogs, I made my own and it cost $3 to have it printed.  I had everything else.

Glued it to a piece of masonite I had in the garage.

Because masonite is so thin, I took a scrap piece of wood and glued it to the back.  I glued a piece of twine in between the pieces of wood-that serves as the picture hanger.

That is a real NYC street sign above.  Now, if only I had the 42nd St. one!  I based my sign on the "A" train that I took to work everyday when I lived there.

2 comments:

Jenna said...

very cute!

sunni said...

That is way cool! You are so talented.