Sunday, June 12, 2011

Savannah, GA

The Monday after Easter Ben had a job interview in Savannah (which didn't pan out.)  In true "it takes a village" style, I had a ton of people help me with the kids so that I could go with Ben.  One fed the kids dinner, stayed the night, and got them up for school.  Another took them to school.  Someone else watched William most of the day.  Then, the big kids walked home from school, where they were then picked up by a 4th person picked them up.  After a couple of hours there, they went to yet another house, where William was also dropped off.  I was gone for about 28 hours and it took 5 people to cover my 4 kids.  It worked out great, and everyone that I asked to help was so nice about it.  I have never done anything like that before.  We have been fortunate enough to have family fly out to help when we have gone out of town.  Here are a few pictures of how I spent my day, while Ben was interviewing.

My pecan and peaches french toast breakfast.


No comments: