Thursday, November 19, 2009

Jennifer's visit
















My sister Jennifer came to visit last weekend. We really showed her a good time. The first day she was here she went to a cub scout pack meeting where Henry got a badge. The second day she spent 3 hours at the school book fair, an hour at piano, and then watched me get lost looking for Primanti Brothers (The Pittsburgh sandwich place.) The 3rd day I took her to Super Wal-mart ("Sarah, it's so BIG.") While we were there, we split up and I ended up with a phone call from her wondering if I had taken her basket as a joke, because she lost her entire basket of clothes she picked out (which also had her jacket in it). How does a person do that??? It was later found at customer service sorted into the correct bins to go back out to the floor. I wonder how much they would have gotten for her "butt ugly" jacket she has had for at least 10 years. She also helped me clean some of the gutters at the house. Finally, on the last day she was here we went downtown and were able to get a parking space to go to the Andy Warhol museum. It was a mess downtown since University of Pitt was playing Notre Dame.

The museum has a workshop area that I took the kids to. There were 3 different art projects to do. One was wrapping rubber bands around a block of wood to make different stamps. There was also a "make a poster", and a screen printing "make a movie poster" area. The kids and I had a fun time while Jennifer was in the museum. After we finished we took the kids to 2 different levels of the museum, one of which had a room with huge silver, rectangular helium balloons for the children to "gently" push. We were not necessarily successful with the "gently" concept.

After the museum we went on the Duquesne Incline. It was an experience in inefficiency, but interesting non-the-less. Plus, nobody even seemed to notice that I went down a one-way street the wrong way to find a parking spot.

1 comment:

sunni said...

we finally got rid of your brother's "butt ugly" purple coat. the girls put up with no ugly clothes.

sounds like you had a great time! maybe jennifer will come to nashville and check out our walmart. i will bungy cord her to her cart :) matt has hundreds of them!!