7 years ago
Monday, March 30, 2009
Blood
You have to wonder sometimes how a child's mind works. Here is an example. The day that I was getting ready to go to the hospital to be induced Samuel asked me how the baby comes out of me. Well, I don't volunteer information of this kind to my kids, but if they ask, I'm not going to lie. So, here it goes. Samuel is aware that girls bleed every month. This was made obvious when he was about 3 years old and asked very loudly in Target one day if I needed tampons. (Just one example of the fact that Mom never gets any privacy, especially in the bathroom.) Anyway, I told him that the baby comes out of the same hole the blood comes out of, but first the hole has to get very big. So, he asked if it hurts.....YES. Then, he asked if there was a lot of blood....YES. Then, he asked if I would take a picture of all of the blood....NO! It has been 2 1/2 weeks and he is still disappointed that I didn't take a picture of all of the blood.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
OH MY GOSH SARAH!!! I am BUSTING up laughing! Thanks for sharing, this is a classic!
I'm one to tell the truth as well, but he is a little young to share details. He'll be disappointed one day.
That is too funny! I'm scared to start to have to answer the questions when they come. I'm worried I may give them too much info.
Post a Comment