Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Is this normal?...Or is it just my kids?

Since school started in the fall I have had any number of calls from the school nurse saying that one or the other of the boys had been in because they, or something, had hit their head. I'm never actually home for these calls, so I just get the messages saying they seem ok.


Today however, I got a phone call shortly after lunch saying that Henry had been hit in the head with a soccer ball at recess and had been looked at for signs of a concussion and seemed fine. An hour later I got another call that Samuel had been pushed at recess and hit his head and looked at for signs of a concussion and seemed fine. What's the deal? I must admit though, that when the nurse called the second time and told me she had just seen Samuel, I laughed. Hope she didn't think I was uncaring...oh, well.

5 comments:

The Sanders Family said...

Is this a boy thing? I hope it doesn't run in the family.

julie said...

It is such a BOY thing! We have had much experience this. When we had to cut Nic's hair a week ago it revealed a GREAT number of scares you would think we beat him. it was embarressing.

trish said...

sounds like a paranoid nurse - though I did get one of those calls recently for Kaid. My thinking was - don't waist your time unless you think he actually needs medical care - I can't do anything for him. (does that sound mean? I've bean told I'm not very sympathetic.)

Kirs:) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kirs:) said...

There was a time when my kids were young that I was waiting for social services to come take my kids away because of all the bruises they had!
It is totally NORMAL!!! :)